Breakfast Cookies are a great on-the-go snack for mornings when you’re pressed for time. These delicious, whole grain-packed dark chocolate and cherry breakfast cookies will fuel your day with energy from the power of pinole—topped off with cherries and delectably rich chocolate!
Total time: 25-30 min
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 10-15 min
Yield: 30 cookies
- 2 cups Old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Original Purely Pinole
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cherry jam
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg (veganize by mixing 1 teaspoon flaxseed with 1 tablespoon water & let it sit and thicken for about ten minutes before adding to recipe)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add old-fashioned oats, Purely Pinole Original mix, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and dark chocolate chips into food processor and pulse until combined.
3. Add creamy natural peanut butter, cherry jam, maple syrup and egg/”veganized egg”. Pulse until combined.
4. Roll tablespoon-size balls of mixture with hands and place on a lined baking tray.
5. Press down gently on the dough balls to flatten slightly.
6. Bake for between 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden and brown. Retrieve out of oven, place on cooling tray– and take a bite!
For this recipe we recommend:
Purely Pinole Original